Submit a Recipe
Vegetarian Shepherds Pie (serves 4)
100g/4oz whole lentils
100g/4oz split peas
100g/4oz chopped onion
50g/2oz sliced mushrooms
3 sticks diced celery
1 clove crushed garlic
1 large tin tomatoes
salt, pepper, mixed herbs
500g/1 lb cooked potatoes
75g/3oz grated cheese
1. Wash the peas and lentils, simmer gently in water for about 1 hour until soft, and the water has been absorbed.
2. Meanwhile, fry the onion and garlic until soft, add the celery and mushrooms. Cook for 5 mins.
3. Add the tomatoes, cooked peas and lentils, season to taste, cook gently for 5 mins.
4. Mash the potatoes and add 50g/2oz cheese to the mash. Transfer the lentil mixture to an ovenproof dish, top with the potato mix and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
5. Bake for 25 mins at 180°C/gas mark 4
A collection of cooking recipes from around the world.
Any copyrighted material removed upon proof of ownership
Back to Main Menu
Back to Vegetarian Recipes