Submit a Recipe
Mango Lentil Curry
3 tbsps Oil
2 Green Chillies
4 Pods of Garlic
3-5 Curry leaves
2 tsps Cumin seeds
1 tsp Garam Masala
2 tsps Chilli Powder
200 gms Arhar Daal
1 tsp Mustard seeds
1 tsp Turmeric Powder
½ tsp Fenugreek seeds
100 gms Coriander leaves
3 Tomatoes, peeled and chopped
2 Raw Mangoes, peeled and chopped
1. Pressure cook daal, mango and tomatoes for 2-3 whistles. Remove from flame and let out the steam.
2. Mix the cooked daal with water using a spoon and boil the mixture for 5 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds and mustard seeds. Allow to splutter.
4. Once they stop spluttering, add curry leaves. Stir-fry until fragrant.
5. Add garlic, green chillies and stir-fry.
6. Mix in the garam masala, chilli and turmeric powders and the corriander leaves. Fry till it turns slightly brown.
7. Pour over the boiled lentils.
8. Serve hot over cooked white rice.
A collection of cooking recipes from around the world.
Any copyrighted material removed upon proof of ownership
Back to Main Menu
Back to Vegetarian Recipes