Submit a Recipe
Haricot Bean Casserole
Ingredients (serves 4)
200g/8oz haricot beans
1 large tin of tomatoes
3 sticks celery
1 large green pepper
1 clove crushed garlic
salt, pepper, mixed herbs
1. Soak the beans overnight OR boil for 5 mins and leave to stand for 1 hour.
2. Rinse the beans and simmer gently in water for about 1½ hours until tender
3. Chop the onion, celery, slice the carrots, mushrooms and green pepper.
4. Fry the onion and garlic in oil, add the other vegetables, tomatoes, cooked beans, seasoning and water
5. Transfer to a casserole dish, bake at 180°C /gas mark 4 for 30 mins, or until the vegetables are soft.
6. Serve with baked potato and green salad
A collection of cooking recipes from around the world.
Any copyrighted material removed upon proof of ownership
Back to Main Menu
Back to Vegetarian Recipes