Submit a Recipe
Pumpkin Cheesecake Cake (serves 8-10)
225g/8oz digestive biscuits
juice and zest 1 lemon
340g/12oz cooked pumpkin (steamed or roasted)
225g/8oz caster sugar
450g/1lb cream cheese
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2.5g/½ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
90ml/3fl oz double cream
90ml/3fl oz natural yoghurt
1. Heat the oven to 170C/325F/Gas 3.
2. Bash the digestive biscuits into crumbs. Melt the butter over a low heat and mix in the biscuit crumbs and lemon zest. Lightly grease a 25cm/10in loose-bottomed cake tin and press the crumbs into the base and up the sides slightly.
3. Mix together the cream cheese, pumpkin flesh, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg until smooth. Beat the eggs and fold into the pumpkin mixture. Turn into the tin and bake in the oven for 90 minutes until the surface is set but the underneath still slightly squidgy.
4. Take the cheesecake out of the oven and let it cool in the tin. When cool, turn it on to a serving plate, cover with foodwrap and chill overnight.
5. Whip the double cream until thick and fold in the yoghurt and the lemon juice. Spread over the top of the cheesecake and serve at room temperature.
A collection of cooking recipes from around the world.
Any copyrighted material removed upon proof of ownership
Back to Main Menu
Back to Seasonal Recipes