Submit a Recipe
Parsnip Soup (serves 6)
40 g (1½ oz) butter
1 medium onion, sliced
700 g (1½ lb) parsnips, finely diced
5 ml (1 tsp) curry powder
2.5 ml (½ tsp) ground cumin
1.4 litres (2½ pints) chicken stock
salt and pepper
150 ml (5 fl oz) single cream
paprika, to garnish
1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan, add the onion and parsnip and fry for about 3 minutes.
2. Stir in the curry powder and cumin and fry for a further 2 minutes.
3. Add the stock, bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for about 45 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
4. Cool slightly, then transfer the vegetables to a blender or food processor, using a slotted spoon. Add a little stock and blend to a smooth purée.
5. Return the soup to the pan. Season to taste, add the cream and reheat gently, without boiling. Serve sprinkled with paprika.
A collection of cooking recipes from around the world.
Any copyrighted material removed upon proof of ownership
Back to Main Menu
Back to Soup Recipes