Submit a Recipe
Onion Soup(serves 1)
1 bunch of spring onion, trimmed and cleaned
1 beef stock cube
1 glass white wine
200ml/7fl oz water, boiling
1 slice bread
110g/4oz cheese, grated
1. Finely chop the spring onions and add to a saucepan with the butter.
2. Sweat the onion for 2 minutes, but do not brown.
3. Add the wine, beef stock cube and water.
4. Simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Transfer into a small ovenproof dish.
6. Using a small pastry cutter or knife, cut out small rounds from the bread.
7. Place the bread on the soup and sprinkle with the cheese.
8. Place under a hot grill for 2 minutes.
9. Carefully remove from the grill and serve immediately.
A collection of cooking recipes from around the world.
Any copyrighted material removed upon proof of ownership
Back to Main Menu
Back to Soup Recipes