Submit a Recipe
Smoked Chicken and Avocado Salad
1 kg (2 lb) smoked chicken
135 ml (9 tbsp) olive oil
juice of 1 lemon
5ml (1 tsp) horseradish
2.5 ml (½ tsp) green peppercorn mustard
2 ripe avocados
salt and pepper
sprigs of fresh coriander
and lemon slices, to garnish
1. Remove all the meat from the chicken carcass, taking care to cut thin, even slices which will look attractive in the finished dish.
2. To make the dressing, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, horseradish and mustard. Add the chicken and coat in the dressing. Cover and leave for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
3. Halve the avocados and remove the stones. Peel off the skin, then cut the flesh lengthways into thin, even slices.
4. Arrange the chicken and avocado slices alternately on a flat, round plate, overlapping them in a ‘Catherine-wheel’ shape.
5. Chop any remaining oddly-shaped pieces of chicken and avocado and toss them together. Pile this mixture into the centre of the plate.
6. Season the dressing remaining in the bowl and brush over the avocado slices to prevent discoloration.
7 Garnish the centre of the salad with fresh coriander and lemon slices, and serve immediately with the dressing.
A collection of cooking recipes from around the world.
Any copyrighted material removed upon proof of ownership
Back to Main Menu
Back to Salad Recipes