Submit a Recipe
Vegetable Lasagne (serves 4)
225 g (8 oz) carrots, thinly sliced
225 g (8 oz) courgettes, thinly sliced
1 onion, thinly sliced
100 g (4 oz) green pepper, thinly sliced
100 g (4 oz) celery, thinly sliced
1 chicken stock cube
25 g (1 oz) butter
30 ml (2 tbsp) plain flour
300 ml (½ pint) milk
salt and pepper
175 g (6 oz) lasagne
175 g (6 oz) Cheddar cheese, grated
1. Place the vegetables in a saucepan with the stock cube and pour over 150 ml (¼ pint)
boiling water. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Melt the butter in a pan, stir in the flour and cook gently for 1 minute, stirring. Remove from the heat and gradually stir in the milk. Bring to the boil and continue to cook, stirring, until the sauce thickens, then season to taste. If the sauce is too thick, add a little stock from the vegetables.
3. Meanwhile, cook the lasagne in fast boiling salted water until tender, but not soft, or according to packet instructions. Drain, being careful not to break up the lasagne sheets.
4. Make alternate layers of lasagne, vegetables and cheese(use 100 g/4 oz) in a 1.7 litre(3 pint) shallow ovenproof dish, finishing with a layer of lasagne. Top with the sauce, then sprinkle over the remaining cheese.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 190°C (375°F) mark 5 for about 30 minutes.
A collection of cooking recipes from around the world.
Any copyrighted material removed upon proof of ownership
Back to Main Menu
Back to Pasta Recipes