Submit a Recipe
Lamb with Mango & Chilli
2 tsp Chilli Sauce
4 Chump Lamb Chops
4 tbsp Mango Chutney
Grilled vegetables, to serve
Spicy Mango Chutney:
1 ripe Mango
2 tbsp Brown sugar
2 tbsp Cider Vinegar
½ tsp ground Ginger
½ tsp ground Cinnamon
1. To make the spicy mango relish, cut the mango lengthwise down both sides of the large, flat stone and discard the stone. Peel the mango and cut the flesh into evenly sized chunks.
2. Place the cider vinegar, sugar, cinnamon and spices in a small pan and heat gently, stirring continuously, until the sugar dissolves.
3. Stir the mango into the mixture in the pan and cook gently at the side of the barbecue (grill) or on the stove for about 5 minutes or until the mango is soft.
4. Barbecue (grill) the chops on an oiled rack for about 4 minutes on each side.
5. Combine the mango chutney (relish) and chilli sauce in a small bowl and brush the glaze over the chops.
6. Continue to barbecue (grill) for a further 2-5 minutes on each side until the lamb is cooked, turning and basting frequently with the mango chutney and chili glaze.
7. Serve with grilled vegetables and the spicy mango relish.
A collection of cooking recipes from around the world.
Any copyrighted material removed upon proof of ownership
Back to Main Menu
Back to Lamb Recipes