Submit a Recipe
Ingredients (serves 4)
4 large aubergines
400g/1 lb minced lamb
1 clove garlic (crushed)
1 large tin of tomatoes
Pinch of mixed herbs
1 tbs fresh chopped parsley
250ml(½pt) cheese sauce
50g/2oz grated cheese
Ingredients for sauce
500ml (1pt) milk
75g/3oz cheddar cheese(grated)
1 level tps dry mustard powder
Method for sauce
1. Melt the margarine, add the flour mixing well
gradually add the milk, cook for 2 mins.
2. Stir in the grated cheese, when melted add the mustard.
1. Slice the aubergines into rings, sprinkle with salt and leave for 30 mins. Drain with kitchen paper.
2. Fry the slices in oil until brown on both sides, then remove from the pan.
3. Brown the minced lamb in the remaining oil, add the chopped onion and cook for 10 mins, stir in the crushed garlic.
4. Blend in the flour and tinned tomatoes (with juice) Season to taste with herbs, salt + pepper.
5. Arrange the aubergine slices and meat mixture in alternate layers in a casserole dish, ending with a layer of aubergines
6. Pour over the cheese sauce, and sprinkle with grated cheese. Bake at 200°C/gas mark 6 for 1 hour, serve with a green salad.
A collection of cooking recipes from around the world.
Any copyrighted material removed upon proof of ownership
Back to Main Menu
Back to Lamb Recipes