Submit a Recipe
Mango Marinated Chicken
3 tbsps Oil
1.25 kg Chicken
1 Spring Onion, smashed
2 tsps Salt
1 pod of Garlic
2½ tbsps Sugar
1 tbsp Cornstarch
1 tbsp Curry Paste
1 cup Chicken broth
4 tbsps Mashed Mango
4 tbsps Mango Chutney
10 Shallots, skinned and smashed
2 tbsps Water
1 tsp Cornstarch
1. Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Mix in salt and keep aside for half an hour.
2. Mix in one tablespoon cornstarch to chicken and set aside
3. Slice mangoes along each side of the stone to obtain 2 faces.
Remove flesh and dice into cubes.
Mash remaining bits of mango and set aside with juice for marinade.
4. Mix mango chutney and mashed mango and juice and sugar.
Marinate chicken in this sauce.
5. Heat three tablespoons oil in a wok and saute the spring onion, shallots, and garlic.
Add curry powder.
6. Add marinated chicken and stir-fry thoroughly.
Add chicken broth. Cover and bring to a boil.
7. Reduce heat and cook over low heat for another 10-12 minutes.
If sauce is not thick enough, thicken by adding sauce thickener.
8. Add diced mangos before serving.
Dissolve one teaspoon of cornstarch in two tablespoons of water
A collection of cooking recipes from around the world.
Any copyrighted material removed upon proof of ownership
Back to Main Menu
Back to Chicken