Submit a Recipe
Basic Beef Casserole
Ingredients (serves 4)
400g/1 lb stewing beef
1 green pepper
1 beef stock cube
1 large tin of tomatoes
Liquid from the tomatoes+water to make 500ml
Salt, pepper, pinch of mixed herbs
1. Peel and dice the onion, carrots and mushroom. Slice the green pepper and chop the celery.
2. Fry the beef in a little oil for about 5 mins, stirring the beef constantly, remove from the pan then fry the onion until soft.
3. Place the meat and onion in a caserole dish, add the chopped vegetables and tinned tomatoes.
4. In the pan, Add the liquid and stock cube, bring to the boil, and add a little cornflour (1-2 tsp or so) to thicken the sauce, season to taste with salt, pepper and mixed herbs
5. Pour sauce over the meat and vegetables, cover and bake at 180°C/gas mark 4, for 1¼-1½ hours, or until the meat is tender and the vegetables are soft.
6. Serve with jacket potatoes cooked at the same time.
A collection of cooking recipes from around the world.
Any copyrighted material removed upon proof of ownership
Back to Main Menu
Back to Beef Recipes